Saturday, January 2, 2010

Delhi_Half_Marathon_1/Nov/2009

In between football sessions, I got the opportunity to run in the "DELHI_HALF_MARATHON". I make my mind to run for 21 Kms and also get encouraged Vijay (a superb footballer, athlete) to run for 21 Kms. We were having around 40 days to practice and mould our body according to the situation but in between we were having tough work schedules. Around 20 days prior to the event I ran for 10 Kms in 1 hour, 7 days prior to the event I and Vijay ran for 6 Kms, next day 12 Kms, next day 16 Kms then 3 days prior to the event ran for 20 Kms in 3 hours after that we had 2 days of rest.
Practice sessions gave me enough experience about the physical fatigues and mental strengths. It was very difficult to cover the last few kilometers, the fatique is tremendous, body pain is asking you to stop and take rest thats where you have to be strong and have this feeling inculcate in you.

The day
I and Vijay covered 21.092 Kms in 2 hours 32 minutes and 42 seconds. Both of us had the same timings.
Wow what an achivement. My first Half_marathon run.

No comments: